Welcome to Red Balloon
Karin Flynn, Stud Manager at Red Balloon Alpaca Stud is committed to breeding:
Huacaya alpaca which produce fine, commercially valuable fleece on deep bodied frames well into the alpacas' teens.
Our breeding program selects for:
- Fineness – fleeces that remain fine for the alpacas lifespan = longevity of production.
- Length of staple - fast growing fleece = commercially useable length and higher fleece weights.
- Frame – strong, straight & deep bodied = robust health, reproductive ability & high fleece weights.
- Fertility – easy conception, birthing & good mothering instincts = healthier cria, higher production.
- Minimal guard hair – reduced processing costs = higher yield, greater comfort.
- Clean – face and legs = no wool blindness, reduced grass seed problems & efficient shearing.
- Temperament – if we don’t want to handle them we don’t expect you to.
- Individual animal evaluations
- Detailed herd analysis – shearing, nutrition, reproduction & health management
You can contact us on 0407 685 601, via email email@example.com or follow us on Facebook at Red Balloon Farm